"We believe in our common unity with all life and in the community of all human kind empowered by love. We teach the universal principles and spiritual values as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus and the continuing revelation of the Christ Presence. We practice prayer, meditation and service as our primary means of becoming conscious of our "Oneness in God"."
The Five Basic Beliefs of Unity
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.