Taught by Barbara Schafer, APRN, MSN, Licensed Unity Teacher
& Kathleen Erickson, RN, President, Board of Trustees
Course Description: This is a basic introduction to Unity. It is designed for those who are new to Unity and those who want to review and deepen their understating of what Unity is about. It focuses upon our core beliefs and how we an integral part of a worldwide Unity movement.
Course objectives: The participant will learn:
1. What Unity teaches about God, Jesus and humankind
2. Unity’s 5 basic principles
3. A brief history of Unity
4. What Unity teaches about prayer and meditation
5. Introduction to metaphysical interpretation of the Bible
6. What Unity teaches about common Christian ideas: heaven, hell, sin and salvation, crucifixion, etc.
This course is a requirement for anyone who would like to be a voting member of Unity in the Foothills. Learn about who we are as a Center as well as the history of the Unity movement and more. This is a very empowering course that is offered in a loving, supportive environment. A love offering will be collected each week to help deter the cost of materials with all proceeds benefiting Unity in the Foothills.